The Reserve Bank of New Zealand on Wednesday said it was in talks with NZX, the country's stock exchange, over a potential joint venture to provide clearing and settlement services in New Zealand.
The Reserve Bank said it and the exchange would undertake a review to determine the feasibility of jointly providing the clearing and settlement functions of the two organisations.
New Zealand has two settlement systems: Austraclear New Zealand, run by the Reserve Bank, and NZX's Faster system. NZX ann
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS