The European Central Bank (ECB) on Thursday published its first Eurosystem Oversight Report, a dossier that focuses on safety and robustness of euro-area payment, clearing and settlement systems.
"The aim is to raise awareness regarding relevant developments in these infrastructures and the Eurosystem's role in monitoring such developments and in addressing potential risks and inefficiencies," the central bank said.
The 48-page report described the performance of the ECB's oversight functions in
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio