Peter Westaway, a senior research adviser at the Bank of England, departed Threadneedle Street on Wednesday to join Nomura, an investment bank.
"Nomura's European fixed income research effort will focus extensively on delivering macro solutions to our clients. Peter's wealth of experience at the Bank of England will be an immense step forward in this effort," said Jim McCormick, the bank's head of fixed income research in Europe. "Nomura has placed a heavy emphasis on franchise building in Europ
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard