The International Financial Corporation, a part of the World Bank Group, on Thursday announced plans to support recovery efforts in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
"Helping banks and companies deal with debt and distressed assets on their balance sheets will help get credit flowing and restore access to affordable finance," said Jyrki Koskelo, IFC vice president for global financial markets.
DARP will invest both directly in businesses that need to restructure their debt and in pools of d
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard