In a speech to the 14th Northern Ireland Economic Conference, David Miles, an external member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee, said quantitative easing (QE) is having "an impact... relevant to economic conditions across the country."
He said that although in his view the policy is working, this cannot be confirmed with reference to any specific money supply target.
However he confirmed that QE will move the UK towards having a more sustainable bank sector. Private sector relia
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency