The Bank of England will invite economists and journalists to Threadneedle Street next week for a chance to quiz senior officials on quantitative easing.
Charles Bean, the deputy governor for monetary policy; Spencer Dale, the chief economist; and Paul Fisher, the executive director for markets, will deliver short presentations on how they are judging the effectiveness of the policy before throwing the floor open to questions.
The seminar marks six months since the programme began and falls shor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes