The International Monetary Fund's executive board on Tuesday called on governments to transfer all quasi-fiscal crisis measures onto their books in order to preserve the independence of their central banks.
The board stressed the importance of preserving strong central bank financial positions and indicated it might be necessary to compensate some for losses incurred owing to crisis related interventions. Directors also said there was a need to reclarify the policy and operational mandates of pu
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde