Two days of preliminary meetings regarding the creation of a single currency for East African took place in Dar es Salaam earlier this week.
The meetings, organised by the East African Community (EAC) secretariat, are part of a series of consultations between partner states which will last until 25 September. The meetings, which ended on Tuesday, bring together various stakeholders such as officials from the ministries of finance, trade, industry and justice chambers, academics, media and civil
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations