The Federal Reserve has called for the application of a ruling to reveal the recipients of federal funds to be delayed.
Bloomberg, the information company, last November called for the Fed to release details of the financial institutions that had borrowed from the Fed.
Earlier this week, Loreta Preska, a US district judge, backed Bloomberg's claim for the Fed to name borrowers. She said that the details must be in the public domain by next Monday, 31 August.
However, the Fed on Wednesday argued
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase