Axel Weber, the president of the Bundesbank, and Jochen Sanio, the president of BaFin, the German banking regulator, issued a joint statement on Sunday, against the allegations made by two members of the German Parliament that public was misled about the saving of Hypo Real Estate, a big German mortgage lender.
The statement said that Weber and Jochen "took notice of the allegations made by Axel Troost and Volker Wissing with astonishment." The officials argued the suggestion that shareholders a
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms