The Bank of England is to downgrade its growth and inflation forecasts later this week, reports in the British press over the weekend suggested.
The Sunday Times reported the Bank would downgrade its growth forecast for the year in its Inflation Report, out on Wednesday. The Bank does not provide a specific figure for growth, but rather a fan chart showing a variety of likely growth scenarios. The report said that the downbeat assessment would be based on the flash estimate for growth in the sec
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market