Lamido Sanusi, the new governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, on Tuesday chose the occasion of his first Monetary Policy Committee meeting to announce a raft of reforms.
Among the most significant measures were a temporary interbank guarantee on loans made between 8 July and 31 March 2010, and the removal of restrictions on the interbank exchange market.
"Recent economic and financial developments point to the need for policies to be focused on growth, exchange rate and financial market dynami
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase