Duvvuri Subbarao, the governor of the Reserve Bank of India, has said that his primary objective for his first three-year term was to restore growth to pre-crisis levels.
Speaking to CentralBanking.com on the sidelines of the Bank for International Settlements' (BIS) AGM, Subbarao said: "India achieved growth of 9% over the four years to 2008, and the crisis clearly came as a setback to us. In the 2008-09 financial year, the growth rate was 6.7%. This was better than most people had expected, bu
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations