According to sources in and close to the central bank, Reuters said that President George W. Bush's team wants to put a more diverse face on the currently all-male Fed Board.
Reuters also said that the president is keen to appoint an experience banker to the Board because one of the Fed's roles is to regulate banks.
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio