He said the move is aimed at streamlining the local banking system and to make it more efficient. Over the long-term, the bank hopes to automate the cheque-clearing system through Lanka Clear, the report added.
Lanka Clear is a venture between the central bank and several state and private banks.
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows