The decision to leave its repo rate at a 38-year low had been widely forecast by City economists, though many are now betting on higher borrowing costs in coming months.
BoE Governor Sir Edward George has repeatedly warned that the Bank might have to push up borrowing costs if consumer borrow
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power