The newspaper quoted two former presidents of the German central bank, Karl Otto Poehl and Hans Tietmeyer, as confirming that the Bundesbank made available to them villas in prime locations at cut-price conditions.
Handelsblatt quoted the central bank as conceding that "in some cases" it "bought and built houses for presidents and vice-presidents where
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power