CZECH REPUBLIC - The Czech cabinet on Apr 19 appointed new finance minister Jiri Rusnok to be Czech governor on the Board of Governors of the World Bank (WB) and Czech central bank governor Zdenek Tuma on the board of governors of the International Monetary Fund.
Rusnok and Tuma are to replace their predecessors, former Finance Minister Pavel Mertlik and former central bank governor Josef Tosovsky, who were recalled from the international institutions.
Rusnok was also appointed Czech Republic's
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
Back to Top