The new inflation target band, combined with the Government's drive to forge new trade agreements, were expected to underpin growth, he said in an interview with the influential London business paper.
He was commenting in the change in the bank's inflation target from 0-3 per cent to 1-3 per c
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro