Crude oil prices also climbed, building on a spurt in U.S. trading on Tuesday, and the dollar was mired in a razor-thin range around 119.6 yen as traders braced for Powell's speech at a U.N. Security Council session starting at 10:30 a.m. EST.
Asian stock markets were most
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro