"Bank of East Asia's capital adequacy and liquidity ratios are well above regulatory requirements," a spokesperson for the authority said. The territory's banking system was "safe and sound" with institutions "well capitalised and highly liquid."
The authority added that it had "well established mechanisms, such as the discount window and
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system