The overall growth of the country's economy in the first six months of 2007 remained favourable, with the slower growth in the external sector being balanced by stronger growth in domestic demand, the central bank said in a statement after the policy meeting.
"During the second half of 2007, inflation may edge up due to both domestic
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn