The French public prosecutor demanded a 10-month suspended sentence in the summing-up of the month-long trial of Mr Trichet and eight others facing charges relating to the collapse of Credit Lyonnais, which was then France's biggest commercial bank.
Mr Trichet's chances of succ
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard