The currency is now tied to a basket of currencies but the central bank has long considered a move away to a flexible regime, with 2010 pencilled in as the earliest date at for this.
However, Jouahri said on Tuesday 4 March that the central bank would push ahead with reform following indications that the measures to liberalise
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power