In the editorial of the February bulletin, the ECB largely repeated remarks made last week by ECB President Wim Duisenberg after the central bank decided to leave the minimum bid rate at 3.25%.
It noted that while economic growth in the fourth quarter and early this year "is likely to have remained subdued, recent in
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital