The professor of economics at the London School of Economics is the latest appointment to the Welsh Assembly Government's Economic Research Advisory Panel.
Professor Nickell's appointment will run until April 2007.
The panel comprises senior-business people and academics, who are supported by directors from the main Welsh economic agencies.
First Minister Rhodr
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations