The salaries of the prime minister, his ministers, the opposition leader and ordinary members of parliament will more than double this year. The decision to increase wages far greater than the rate of inflation was approved by the Parliamentary Entitlement Commission in July.
Hou said that the pay rise may be deserved, but should not come at a time when
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting