He also said the low level of long-term U.K. interest rates doesn't present a threat to systemic stability.
Addressing MPs on the Treasury Select Committee, the BoE's newest Monetary Policy Committee member said one impact of high energy costs was to depress output and growth, which helps to offset the impact on mone
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB