The announcement that it was holding interest rates unchanged had been widely predicted by analysts in the light of uncertainties such as a soaring pound and a new official inflation target.
The decision, taken at the monthly meeting of the central bank's monetary policy committee (MPC), came two months after the central bank increased rates by 0.25 percentage points, the fi
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré