Click here to read the Fact Sheet on the SARB's website
In line with international best practice, the Bank regularly revises the security features and design of banknotes because the Bank is committed to ensuring the public has reliable currency. The SARB last changed South Africa's banknotes in 1992.
The upgraded banknotes will retain
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde