A statement on the central bank's website quotes Wu as saying at a forum that financing options open to businesses were too limited and added to economic costs.
Direct financing, raising funds directly from the stock or bond market, has developed slowly in China. China's companies still rely heavily on bank loans, Wu said.
Bank loans accounte
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?