A statement on the central bank's website quotes Wu as saying at a forum that financing options open to businesses were too limited and added to economic costs.
Direct financing, raising funds directly from the stock or bond market, has developed slowly in China. China's companies still rely heavily on bank loans, Wu said.
Bank loans accounte
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde