Regulators at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which handles the US's deposit insurance scheme, worked over the weekend to find a buyer for Wachovia, the collapse of which the FDIC and Federal Reserve said presented a systemic risk to the US financial system.
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure