Karun will succeed Krirkkrai Jirapaet, who left the post after being appointed commerce minister, BOT's Governor, Tarisa Watanagase said.
Karun is already a member of the central bank's court of directors. He will attend the next monetary policy committee meeting scheduled for 13 December, Tarisa added.
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase