The UK Treasury said on Monday that it had opted to nationalise parts of Bradford & Bingley, a UK lender, "to maintain financial stability and protect depositors, while minimising the risk to the taxpayer."
The lender had, the Treasury said, "found itself under increasing pressure as investors and lenders l
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector