A November rate hike looks a near certainty after Reserve Bank of Australia data showed a higher-than-expected percentage-point jump in inflation.
Data for the three months to September published by the central bank on Wednesday revealed that consumer prices had increased by the highest margin since June 1991. The change takes the central bank's annual consumer price measure up to 3.1%.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics inflation measure, also published on Wednesday, indicated prices had ri
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro