Alan Bollard, the governor of the central bank, said that borrowers in New Zealand were beginning to moderate their borrowings, and if they kept this up and the pressure on resources continues to ease, "we think the four successive OCR increases we have delivered will be sufficient to contain inflation."
Before the latest hike, the centra
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member