Chon was chairman of the South Korean Public Fund Oversight Committee, which is in charge of the sale of government assets. He was governor of the central bank from 1998 to 2002 and was succeeded by current Governor Park Seung.
Chon had run the central bank since it gained independence from the government in 1998 under conditions imposed by the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde