Donald L. Kohn and Ben S. Bernanke on Monday took the oath of office as members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. The oath was administered by Chairman Alan Greenspan in the Board Room.
President Bush announced his intention to nominate Dr. Kohn and Dr. Bernanke on May 8. The Senate confirmed them on July 31.
Dr. Kohn was nominated to a vacant seat last held by Laurence H. Meyer, whose
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms