"Inflation is still in positive territory and very low and the central bank has no worries about it," he said.
Growth in consumption indicated that inflation had not resulted from a weakening in demand. Rather, declining prices could be a result of depressed exports spurring competition.
The strengthening of the baht and competition among local busines
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations