The oath was administered by Vice President Dick Cheney at the Colorado home of former President Gerald Ford. Witnesses included President and Mrs. Ford and Chairman Greenspan's wife, Andrea Mitchell.
President Bush nominated Dr. Greenspan on May 18 and he was confirmed by the Senate on June 17. He originally took of
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart