The oath was administered by Vice President Dick Cheney at the Colorado home of former President Gerald Ford. Witnesses included President and Mrs. Ford and Chairman Greenspan's wife, Andrea Mitchell.
President Bush nominated Dr. Greenspan on May 18 and he was confirmed by the Senate on June 17. He originally took of
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure