'Periods of rapid growth and innovation in financial markets have often led to difficulties and overshooting and we should not assume that this one will be different,' he told an audience of sector experts at a key hedge fund conference.
'If we face a financial crisis in the next few years we are almost bound to find some hedge funds at or near the centre of it,' he
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase