The European Central Bank (ECB) has launched an international urban planning and architectural design competition for its new premises. The purpose of this competition is to identify the best design concepts for the ECB's future home and to select an architect to carry out the detailed planning work for the new premises and, if possible, to implement the project.
The new premises are to be built
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency