Under the plan, the Bank of China's Hong Kong branch will be merged with 10 sister bank branches, reducing operating costs "dramatically". Liu told reporters in Hong Kong the plan was being reviewed by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, the territory's de facto central bank.
The Bank of China, one of the four largest Chinese state-owned comm
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession