Asked whether the ECB was preparing to cut rates, Gonzalez Paramo said: 'In this I must be very clear; interest rates are adequate. Rates are appropriate for the current situation.'
'The ECB is in a position of 'wait and see',' he said, adding that a reduction in rates is not part of a central discussion in the Bank,
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously