The South Africa Reserve Bank has raised its benchmark repo rate by four percentage points this year to 13.5 per cent after the rand's depreciation last year pushed inflation sharply higher.
Recent signs price pressures may have peaked led analysts to forecast the SARB would keep interest rates steady on Thursday and could even hint it w
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory