In a speech at the St. Louis Fed's annual economic policy conference, Broaddus also said using an explicit number for an inflation objective would make the central bank's goals even more transparent.
Broaddus' view contrasted with opinions Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan had aired at the same con
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations