Speaking in Washington on Saturday, Strauss-Kahn said that a meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee, which comprises officials from 24 countries, had revealed the divide.
"Some of us, including the Fund, are arguing that the stimulus was necessary, of course the Fund is not
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?