``Rather than an ultimate goal, zero percent is merely a passing point'' in deciding when to end the zero-rate policy, Fukui told lawmakers in parliament in Tokyo. ``Deflation is still persistent in Japan's economy and we haven't escaped this abnormal condition.''
Fukui said a central bank
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations