The rise was slightly higher than the 3.9% that analysts predicted and all but confirms a European Central Bank (ECB) rate increase on Thursday.
Malcolm Knight, the departing general manager of the Bank for International Settlements, said on Monday he was confident that the ECB would manage to reduce inflation to its discretionary inflation target of below but close t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations