In a biannual report, the bank's economists forecast 2002 inflation of 2.1% to 2.5%, significantly higher than the 1.1% to 1.7% they had predicted in December.
The ECB, which sets monetary policy in the 12 countries using the euro, has set itself the goal of keeping inflation at 2% or less - a goal that
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde